Monday, April 7, 2014

Are we solely dependent on technology?

I was out yesterday and my phone started acting up.   It would ring and I could see the caller but my touch screen would not accept the call when I pushed.  This went on basically for about 2 hours.  So because I was near the person calling me and did not want to go home then come back I thought I will just call them from a pay phone.   It is funny you remember the sayings your parent or someone older would say like,  "You never miss the water till the well is gone dry".  I searched no pay phone.  I am pretty familiar with the area and all the places I remember seeing a phone. The movie theatre - no phone.  The McDonalds - no phone. The local corner store - no phone. The liquor store - no phone.   After several attempts I went home, but this reminds me how our convenience with our everyday items (cell phone) has made other things obsolete.  We become so dependent on these items.  I must admit the last time  that I used a public phone I was disgusted and scared to use:; because it was so dirty and smelled so bad.

What happens when the cell phones no longer work?


No comments:

Post a Comment