Monday, April 7, 2014

Do you utilize your mind?

Actually I realized one day that I was not utilizing my abilities nor enhancing my learning process.  My last job kept me so occupied with getting there and performing my required responsibilities that when I got off I was exhausted.   I used to be a person that would read at least one book per week.  Horror or romance.  I had been at that job for 8 years and I could not remember the last time I even read a newspaper through and through.  I read but not for content at my job is was like I had become an automated robot.  What finally made me think was when a piece of paper came to me and I looked and looked at the word daughter.  I knew what the word was and I knew the spelling but it looked so foreign that I stared at for a long time.  

I believe also that if you do not use it you will loose it.  I think that you have to keep the body as well the mind and the brain active.  I believe we should try and challenge ourselves and sometime tempt outside of things that we know and try the unknown.  I have always tried or attempted things that would be pretty easy to succeed at doing.  Now that I have gotten older I realize that life is not about success but about the attempts and the failures.  You get to met a lot of good people no matter where you are and no matter where you end up.

Bottom line I said this to say live life to the fullest each day. I feel any day that you learn something new is a day worth living. 

No comments:

Post a Comment