Saturday, May 23, 2015

Why read the food packages?


I have probably in the last few years become a little more conscientious of what is in my products for my skin , hair, and my food.

I have never been a salt person because my father suffered from high blood pressure so I kind of stayed away from salt.   Although I know sugar is not good for you I have not been diligent with staying away except when those jeans and my clothes do not fit the way I like them to fit.

I can honestly say that when shopping or sometimes while cooking I will look on the package for sodium content and some fat.

But after reading an article about what is done to food really does not surprise me.

I mean today it seems if someone whats to make a product go farther they just add something to give it the weight or inject it for it to appear larger.  With this being done, "Who can you trust?"


The FDA well it appears that they are aware of things but allow them to still be used.  For instance I just read an article about how cellulose that is the main ingredient in the making of textiles and paper  is in our foods and is also wood pulp.  If you eat processed cheese or fast food these products  may contain cellulose. But the kicker is that because wood pulp has no nutritional value it is not listed as an ingredient therefore no one knows how much is included in the products.


 So I guess this is why people have indigestion.

Even worse we don't know which products have it and what quantity is in that product. What is the recommended daily allowance?  Was the celloluse organic or non organic?


Bon appetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment