Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Sterling banned for life

I guess I am so use to seeing  racism that it really doesn't shock anymore.  The statements that were made  I feel were very inappropriate but at the same time it is his feelings.  In this day and age I feel like racism has never really left or been totally gone.  There are so many levels of racism from  race, nationalilty, weight, skin color, religion, and socio ecomonic status.  

I feel that I have seen more racism here in New York that I saw when I lived in North Carolina.


Unfortunately,  you can't understand how someone may hate or dislike a group of people.  Is it better to know that they dislike or hate someone for their differences from themselves.  

I remember when I was living out of state and I had this problem with a group of neighbors that played their music loud and would take up all the parking spaces.  I really disliked these people because they were so inconsiderate and nasty.  They would have barbecues and leave all the food outside and  when it rained it smelled and the bugs would be bad.  So I moved and after about 6 months another group of people moved in and then my peace of mind was gone again because they would leave their trash out and play loud music and had a dog that would take my one day delivery of my Sunday paper.  Once again it was individuals of the same nationality.

But I would pray, "Please God do not let me hate these people because of who they are". because on the same spectrum  people hate me for my skin color and my parents raised me to love everybody.  My prayers were answered  and I saw it was not the people I hated it was their actions.  I was really glad that I was able to understand what  I hated and that I could ask God for guidance.

That was many years ago and I have meant many people with that nationality and have found them to be just as my parents taught me... there is good and bad in any race, color, or nationality.

I know he did not want this to made public.  But do you think it is better for people to know or for it to be hidden?




No comments:

Post a Comment